If you were at the recent Residents’ Association AGM you will know about the big redevelopment plans afoot on the old MOD/Qinetiq base at the top of the hill where Britain’s atomic bomb was developed by William Penney. Unfortunately as the site is in Sevenoaks we are not being considered and consulted as fully as our councillors think we should be, especially as regards transport and parking at OUR local station – Knockholt station is in Bromley but the parking places outside are controlled by Sevenoaks council.
Views on this project have been circulated among a select group by email, so I’m hoping these and other people will post their comments here for us all to share.
Please excuse the corporate invitation – that does not in any way lessen the important role you have in the life of All Souls. There are one or two things coming up in a busy term which we would like to invite you to:
- 13th October – Vernon is doing a ‘Songs from the shows’ charity evening in the village hall. It would be great to support that and have a fun time as well
- 26th October – Games and Nibbles Evening – All Souls from 7.30pm (come and try your hand at games of skill and the not so skilful but fun)
- 28th October – 3.00pm Memorial and Thanksgiving Service (St Mary’s)
- 4th November – Festival Service @ All Souls followed by lunch – it would be helpful if you could let me know by the 25th October if you are coming to lunch please
- 11th November – Remembrance Service @ 10.30am (with a special feature designed by Peter Dawson)
- 7th December – Quiz Night in the Village Hall (tickets available soon)
- 16th December – 6.30pm Carols by Candlelight @ All Souls
We look forward to seeing at some, if not all of these events.
With best wishes,