Pratts Bottom – A Journey Through Life
That’s the title of a well-illustrated book by Sue Short, containing vast amounts of Pratts Bottom’s history, much of it from memories of local people and not found anywhere else. If you contributed, and many of us have, you’ll be fascinated to see the results of four years’ hard work by Sue.
The first edition sold out quickly, so if you want a copy of the reprint, contact her via this website (email firstname.lastname@example.org).
Two years after publication of her book on Pratts Bottom, Sue Short continues her “Journey Through Life.” With fascinating photos and other glimpses into the past, here are the instalments so far:
- Continuing the journey (updated Nov 2013)
- Bicycles and Cars in Pratts Bottom
- The South African Connection
- The Architect of the Village School
- The Osgood Girls
- The Beast at the Clock Garage
- When the Parade Passes By
- The May Queen and her Entourage
- Photos of 1973 Village Fete
- Gertrude Banks Part 1: Gertrude Banks of Tancred
- Gertrude Banks Part 2: Aunty Gert, Part 3: Gert and Arthur, Part 4: Memories of Mrs Banks
- Gwen Coppin
- Marion Clapson
If you have any old photos of Pratts Bottom, or any other information of local historical interest, please send them to Sue. Watch this space for more updates!
To read the articles you need the free Adobe Reader.